The Flowering Wild Strawberry Wreath block is finished! This block about drove me crazy; it was so boring to applique. The leaves were all the same and the strawberries were all the same. I was really glad when she was finished. I used two sizes of Karen Kay Buckley's perfect ovals for the strawberries.
There are supposed to be french knots on the strawberries to represent the seeds. I didn't add them, I think they look fine without.
This is 19th completed block from the Pastor's Attic Quilt, a Baltimore Album quilt, written by Marsha D. Radtke.
I didn't feel very inspired to sew the week of Thanksgiving so I did some sewing that I didn't need to think about.
Several weeks (months?) ago I had cut lots and lots of strips for the Postage Stamps quilt. I got them all sewed!
After they were sewn, I organized them into groups by color. Now they are pressed and ready for cutting.
I did cut enough strips to fill up this cute tin I brought home from the retreat.
People bring treats to the retreat and then don't take the leftovers home with them. I normally bring home at least one tin but this year there were two. This one is perfect to hold the blocks cut and ready to be sewn. I'll run them through the machine while I am sewing on the Churn-Dash quilt.
The applique on the next block, Victorian Vase of Folk Art Flowers has started and I am very thankful there is a variety of pieces to be appliqued. She should be completed by next Sunday and you can see her then.
Linking to - Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Quilting is More Fun than Housework, Em's Scrapbag, Love Laugh Quilt, Esther's Wednesday WOW!, Sew Fresh Quilts, Finished or Not Friday